Mangroves give South Florida one of its best defenses against the waves, but as sea levels rise and restoration stalls, we're running out of time to help mangroves protect the coast. In this episode, we visit the place often heralded as the best example of restoration's success—and hear from the researcher who knows it best about just how far remains to go.
As a nonprofit journalism organization, we depend on your support to fund our nationwide Connected Coastlines climate reporting. Donate any amount today to become a Pulitzer Center Champion and receive exclusive benefits!
- Reported by Jenny Staletovich
- Edited by Rowan Moore Gerety
- Photography from Patrick Farrell
- Sound Engineering & Original Music Composed by Merritt Jacob
- Editing & Production by Jessica Bakeman
- Web Design by Laura Kurtzberg and Kai Wilson