There are two fundamental challenges in reconnecting the Everglades: moving the water where and when it's needed, and making sure it's clean. In this episode, the massive task of running "reverse farms" to protect a national park, and how taxpayers ended up footing the bill for Big Sugar's pollution.
As a nonprofit journalism organization, we depend on your support to fund our nationwide Connected Coastlines climate reporting. Donate any amount today to become a Pulitzer Center Champion and receive exclusive benefits!
Click each image below to read their descriptions.
- Reported by Jenny Staletovich
- Edited by Rowan Moore Gerety
- Photography from Patrick Farrell
- Sound Engineering & Original Music Composed by Merritt Jacob
- Editing & Production by Jessica Bakeman
- Web Design by Laura Kurtzberg and Kai Wilson