Questions to Evaluate Comprehension:
1) What details stick out to you from the text?
2) What is the main idea of the reporting?
Questions to Guide Text Analysis
1) What is the author's purpose? Support your response with details from the text.
2) Why do you think the author chose this structure for the reporting?
Making Local Connections to the Text:
1) How would you explain this reporting to someone in your community? What details would include and why?
2) How do the events, characters and themes of the reporting connect to you and your local community?
Flying Over the Line [Text and Photo]
May 31, 2018 | Time
BY TOMAS VAN HOUTRYVE
Deadly Journeys: How Despair Drives Young Ethiopians to Flee to Yemen [Text and Photo]
May 09, 2018 | The Guardian | Global Development
BY TOM GARDNER AND CHARLIE ROSSER
"What Makes the Kids of Congo Run?"[Text]
August 03, 2016 | NPR
BY DANIEL SOCHA
Cuban Migrants Stranded in Panama Live and Work Secretly [Video, Photo and Text]
June 29, 2017 | Miami Herald
BY MARIO J. PENTON AND JOSÉ ANTONIO INGLESIAS
Chinese Migrant Workers in Singapore [Photo]
March 22, 2017 | The New York Times
BY XYZA BACANI
Germany Through a Young Migrant's Eyes [Text and Photo]
July 10, 2017 | CNN
BY BY KYLE ALMOND WITH DIANA MARKOSIAN