Massive forest fires burn down tropical rainforests in Southeast Asia. Land grabbing in the Nile threatens water access to Africans. Extractive industries are undermining the biodiversity of the Guiana Shield. Who are the forces behind all this? Find out how investigative journalists from Southeast Asia, Africa, and Latin America uncovered the powers behind deforestation, land grabbing, and water contamination in this panel discussion on Thursday, April 22 at 9:00am EDT.
- Annika McGinnis, co-founder and director, InfoNile.org
- Bram Ebus, Amazon Rainforest Journalism Fund grantee
- Jessica Brice, senior editor for Latin America, Bloomberg News and Pulitzer Center Rainforest Investigations Fellow
- Wahyu Dhyatmika, editor-in-chief, Tempo
- Gustavo Faleiros (moderator), Pulitzer Center Environment Investigations editor