This lesson is written as a series of notes for the facilitator.
A lesson guide to be used to in conjunction with the Everyday Africa curriculum, and visits with Peter DiCampo and Austin Merrill.
Students research a current news story on Africa.
1. Journalists introduce themselves and share how Everyday Africa was started.
2. Students make a list of words that come to mind when they think of Africa. Share out.
3. Questions 1.
4. Students discuss news articles and where they found them. Talk about reliability of sources and search skills. Disuss how the news may sometimes portray events in a negative light.
5. Questions 2.
6. View pictures from the first set of Everyday Africa pictures.
7. View pictures from the second set of Everyday Africa pictures. Students discuss in groups the differences between the two sets of pictures.
8. Questions 3.
Students investigage the Everyday Africa website or Instagram account. Connect to other Everyday Projects (Everyday Latin America, Everyday Everywhere).