The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting Presents:
Human Rights in Crisis
A selection of Pulitzer Center-sponsored works
February 1, 2010
Hart Auditorium-Georgetown University Law Center
600 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Reception to follow screening and Q&A, with journalists
Welcome by Ann Peters (GULC, 94), Pulitzer Center
• "Afghanistan Disabled," Don Duncan andJessica Wanke cover the cultural impact ofwidespread disability in Afghanistan.
• "Haiti's Restaveks," Carmen Russell andDane Liu's report on the child slaves whocomprise 10% of Haiti's youth population.
• "Jerusalem: War in My Land" by Arturo Perez, Jr., winner of theProject Report contest, a partnership between the Pulitzer Center and YouTube.
• A selection of videos from William Wheeler andAnna-Katarina Gravgaard explores local efforts toalleviate South Asia's water crisis.
• "Violence and Venom," Micah Fink, GabrielleWeiss and Lisa Biagiotti investigate the impactof homophobia and stigma on HIV/AIDS in Jamaica.
• "Troubles in the Congo," Kira Kay and JasonMaloney's report on ongoing instability in theCongo's Kivu province, sponsored and produced by the Bureau for International Reporting.
Co-sponsored by Georgetown University Law Center's Amnesty International Human Rights Film Festival Committee