The Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF), launched in September 2018, represents a major investment in international environmental and climate reporting. Through the Pulitzer Center, the Rainforest Journalism Fund plans to support nearly 200 original reporting projects over the five years’ existence of the Fund, along with annual regional conferences designed to raise the level of reporting on global tropical rainforest issues such as deforestation and climate change and produce stories that make an impact. The Rainforest Journalism Fund supports reporting on tropical rainforests in the Amazon Basin, Congo Basin, and Southeast Asia:
- Grants for journalists reporting for major American and European news outlets on tropical rainforests in any part of the world. (Applications must be in English). Learn more about guidelines for international proposals here.
- Amazon Rainforest Journalism Fund: Grants for journalists based in the Amazon region reporting for local and regional outlets. (Applications can be in English, português, or español). Learn more about guidelines for Amazon Rainforest Journalism Fund proposals here.
- El Pulitzer Center invita propuestas de periodistas ubicados en los países de la región amazónica que informan por publicaciones locales y regionales. Ver los términos y detalles y aplicar en español.
- O Pulitzer Center convida à apresentação de propostas de subsídios a jornalistas localizados em países da região amazônica, produzindo reportagens para a mídia local ou regional. Ver termos e detalhes e aplique em português.
- Congo Basin and Southeast Asia Rainforest Journalism Fund: Coming soon - we will begin offering grants to journalists reporting for local and regional outlets in the Congo Basin and Southeast Asia in fall 2019.
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org