The Pulitzer Center K–12 education team is seeking a full-time Partnerships Manager to help us grow the reach and efficacy of our education programs, with an emphasis on broadening and strengthening our network of educators, school and district administrators, and organizational partners.
The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, experience working with education professionals, and a passion for our mission of cultivating a more curious, informed, empathetic, and engaged public by connecting students and teachers with underreported global news stories and the journalists who cover them.
The K–12 Partnerships Manager will take a leadership role in managing The 1619 Project Education Network, a community of education professionals who receive grant funding and professional development support to write, implement, and evaluate standards-aligned curricula that integrate The 1619 Project from The New York Times Magazine, as well as other journalism and historical resources. They will also be an integral part of the education team’s work, focusing on programs that support student and educator engagement with a broad range of underreported global issues.
Responsibilities may include…
Program management for The 1619 Project Education Network:
- Planning and supporting facilitation of professional development opportunities for members of The 1619 Project Education Network
- Building lasting relationships with teachers, school and district administrators, curriculum specialists, and other members of the Education Network to offer support with their projects, connect them to other Pulitzer Center education opportunities, and facilitate their collaborations with other Network members
- Liaising with members of the Education Network to ensure timely completion and submission of their grant deliverables
- Coordinating events to promote the Education Network and share members’ work
- Recruiting experts in racial justice and Black history education to support Education Network promotion, professional development, resource development, and events
- Managing future application cycles for the Education Network, including coordinating promotion in collaboration with marketing staff
- Managing content and communications for The 1619 Project Education Network digital portal
Program support for other K–12 programs:
- Coordinating events that engage teachers and students with local news outlets through our Bringing Stories Home initiative
- Developing lesson plans to engage teachers and students with Center-supported journalism projects
- Coordinating and leading media literacy and journalism skills workshops for students and teachers
- Contributing to the development, coordination, and evaluation for initiatives that support the commitments outlined in the Center’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement
- Strong project management experience, with a minimum of 2 years of demonstrated success
- Experience working with education professionals at different levels, such as teachers, school administrators, and district leaders
- Experience designing and leading education programming related to themes of racial justice and antiracism, and demonstrated knowledge of media literacy and global issues
- Familiarity with K–12 curriculum development
- Comfort facilitating events for students and teachers on Zoom and other webinar platforms
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (read more about how the Pulitzer Center defines these terms here)
- Familiarity with Drupal, Salesforce, and other content and client management systems a plus
Salary and benefits:
Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition, the Pulitzer Center offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Pulitzer Center is currently working remotely. Candidates should have stable high-speed internet access and a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references using this form.
The Pulitzer Center is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to forward diversity through its programs and hiring. See our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement for details.