The Pulitzer Center K–12 education team is seeking a Marketing and Communications Assistant to support the reach and efficacy of our education programs through marketing, research, strategic partnerships, and evaluation.
The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, has strong writing and research skills, and is passionate about our mission: to cultivate a more curious, informed, empathetic, and engaged public by connecting students and teachers with underreported global news stories and the journalists who cover them.
- Write and schedule social media posts featuring K-12 education content, moderate the K-12 team’s Facebook group, and write and build education newsletters in Mailchimp
- Evaluate promotion efforts and the reach of digital resources using social media, Mailchimp, and Google Analytics, among other tools
- Assist with research and developing a marketing strategy for key K-12 initiatives and resources
- Support the evaluation of K-12 digital resources and education programs through surveys, research, focus groups, and more
- Create original graphics and source images for K-12 events, initiatives, outreach materials, and social media campaigns
- Support website design and web maintenance needs, and build content on the Pulitzer Center website
- Apply a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion lens to all strategy development and implementation
- May be called on to support the development, implementation, and/or evaluation of other K-12 team programs and resources as needed
- Strong organization, research, writing, and communication skills
- Passion for K-12 education and the Pulitzer Center’s mission
- Experience managing social media platforms and evaluating associated analytics
- Graphic design skills, especially using Canva and Photoshop
- Familiarity with Mailchimp and email marketing techniques
- Comfort using Google Suite, Slack, Asana, Zoom, and/or other communications and content management systems
- Experience with web design, website maintenance, Drupal, and HTML a big plus
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (read more about how the Pulitzer Center defines these terms here.)
Remote/flexible location. Due to the remote nature of this position, candidates should have stable high-speed internet access.
Salary and benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. In addition, the Pulitzer Center offers a comprehensive benefits package and a collegial work environment.
How to Apply
Please apply before midnight on October 19, 2021, using this link. The form asks you to upload a resume, provide a personal statement of interest (no more than 500 words), and answer three short questions related to your qualifications for the position. The form also requires you to provide contact information for three references. Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis until the deadline.
About the Pulitzer Center
The Pulitzer Center is a nonprofit organization that supports the development of independent, quality journalism worldwide with an ambitious network of educational partnerships at the K-12 and college levels. We support more than 150 reporting projects a year, working in partnership with dozens of media outlets worldwide, hundreds of secondary and middle schools, and a Campus Consortium network of 35-plus universities, community colleges, and historically Black colleges and universities.
The Pulitzer Center is an equal opportunity employer. The Center is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where the individual differences among us, whether in terms of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, physical challenge, or marital or family status, are (i) understood, respected, and appreciated, (ii) recognized as a source of strength, and (iii) valued as qualities that enrich the environment in which we work.