The Pulitzer Center K–12 education team is seeking a Coordinator to support the reach and efficacy of our education programs, with an emphasis on supporting program coordination, administration, and evaluation.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has strong program coordination and communication skills, and is passionate about our mission of cultivating a more curious, informed, empathetic, and engaged public by connecting students and teachers with underreported global news stories and the journalists who cover them.
The K–12 Education Coordinator will work closely with the K–12, finance, and impact teams at the Pulitzer Center to support coordination and evaluation for all K–12 programs. They will also support program facilitation for teachers and students, and other K-12 team initiatives as needed.
Responsibilities may include…
K–12 Education Program Administration: (30%)
- Building and maintaining records of K–12 education contacts and programs in Salesforce
- Coordinating payments to journalists and education partners
- Serving as the first point of contact for the education department email
- Contributing to the development, coordination, and evaluation for initiatives that support the commitments outlined in the Center’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement
Program Coordination and Facilitation: (50%)
- Coordinating scheduling, communication, and documentation with teachers and journalist-grantees for the virtual journalist visit program
- Supporting coordination and facilitation for K–12 education programs, which include media literacy and journalism skills workshops for students and teachers, The 1619 Project Education Network, and the Bringing Stories Home initiative
- Supporting coordination of the weekly K–12 education newsletter
Program Evaluation: (20%)
- Coordinating timely survey distribution to education partners
- Developing systems for sharing and analyzing survey data internally
- Gathering documentation for grant and board reports
- Strong organization, communication, and program coordination skills
- Experience supporting program evaluation, which may include analysis and communication of qualitative and quantitative data
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Google Suite, Slack, Trello, Drupal, and other communications and content/client management systems
- Some experience working with education professionals and/or students ages 8 and up
- Comfort facilitating events for students and teachers on Zoom and other webinar platforms
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (read more about how the Pulitzer Center defines these terms here)
Salary and benefits:
Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition, the Pulitzer Center offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Remote/flexible location. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Pulitzer Center is currently working remotely. Candidates should have stable high-speed internet access and a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references using this form, or by clicking below:
The Pulitzer Center is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to forward diversity through its programs and hiring. See our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement for details.
Last day to apply: Monday, March 8