The Pulitzer Center is seeking an experienced and versatile IT manager to develop a solid technical foundation for our growing nonprofit organization. The manager will ensure the effective and secure operation of all our computer systems, including hardware, software and related applications.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate deep knowledge of industry’s standards and best practices, will have the experience to write and implement cost-effective IT policies that further the goals of the Pulitzer Center, will efficiently manage multiple IT-related projects in support of our distributed team, and will be able to communicate IT priorities and policies effectively throughout the organization.
The Pulitzer Center is a nonprofit organization that supports the development of independent, quality journalism worldwide with an ambitious network of educational partnerships at the K-12 and college levels. We support more than 150 reporting projects a year, working in partnership with dozens of media outlets worldwide, hundreds of secondary and middle schools, and a Campus Consortium network of 35-plus universities, community colleges and historically Black colleges and universities.
- Research, develop, implement and update organizational IT policy.
- Plan and direct IT-related development projects to support organizational goals.
- Plan, install, configure, and maintain office and personal computers, laptops, file servers, network switches, network cabling, IT security systems, and other related equipment.
- Perform software installations and upgrades.
- Perform account administration across all platforms.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Ensure that remote personal computers and office workstation configurations comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines related to Security Operations.
- Evaluate and recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Coordinate vendor services such as PC hardware repair, printer repair and product warranty.
- Provide backup support for all remote systems.
- Maintain databases containing hardware inventory, service plans, and software distributions.
- Investigate user problems, determine possible resolution, test, and implement solutions.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, IT security, and other applications. Assist users in maximizing the use of networks and computing systems.
- Provide computer orientation to new employees.
- According to HIPAA, maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network.
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-related or technical field preferred.
- Minimum of three year's experience with desktop support, system administration, or similar experience.
- Working experience with Google Enterprise/GSuite administration and security.
- Experience with Salesforce administration and security.
- Experience with productivity and communication systems, such as Slack and Trello. Administration, development, and security monitoring preferred.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks without compromising quality.
- The ability to work independently and to have an open and collaborative approach.
- Language abilities in addition to English are a plus.
Please apply before midnight on Sunday, March 14, 2021, using this form. The form asks you to upload a resume, provide a personal statement of interest (no more than 500 words), and answer three short questions related to your qualifications for the position. The form also requires you to provide contact information for three references.
The Pulitzer Center is an equal opportunity employer. The Center is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where the individual differences among us, whether in terms of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, physical challenge, or marital or family status, are (i) understood, respected, and appreciated, (ii) recognized as a source of strength, and (iii) valued as qualities that enrich the environment in which we work.
Salary will be commensurate with work experience and academic qualifications. This position includes excellent benefits and a collegial work environment.
If you have any difficulties with the application form, please send a message to email@example.com.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis, giving an advantage to early applicants. Last day to apply is March 14, 2021 @ 11:59 pm.
Primary Location: US-DC-Washington / Remote
Work Locations: Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting, 1779 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite #615, Washington, DC 20036
Organization: Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job