Join AAJA's Photo Affinity Group for a series of Photo Hangouts at AAJA 2018 from Thursday, August 9 until Saturday, August 11. This event is made possible by the Pulitzer Center.
Six photojournalists will present separately with a Q&A following each session. On Saturday, August 11, AAJA PAG will host a portfolio review on site. Hangouts sessions line up as follows:
Thursday, August 9
- 11:00 am Lisa Krantz, San Antonio Express-News
- 4:00 pm Richard Tsong-Taatarii, Minneapolis Star Tribune, Rohingya Crisis
Friday, August 10
- 9:00 am Karen Warren, Houston Chronicle, Hurrican Harvey
- 11:00 am Robert Seale, freelance photographer, Lighting for Impact
- 2:00 pm Laura Elizabeth Pohl, freelance photographer, A Long Separation: Families Divided by the Korean War
Saturday, August 11
- 3:00 pm Chang W. Lee, The New York Times, 2018 Winter Olympics and Paralympics
- 4:30 pm Portfolio Reviews/Photo Critiques
All Photo Hangouts are free for AAJA 18 attendees and open to the public. Day passes can be purchased in advance online. Student discount is available. See more information here.