Give to the Pulitzer Center now and make an immediate difference in our ability to support courageous journalists publishing under-reported, globally significant stories and engage a new generation of youth and young adults as informed and active news consumers.
Ready to Give?
Our 2006-2016 Stats:
• Supported over 700 global reporting projects from over 150 countries
• Placed over 3,300 stories in over 550+ news outlets
• Won nearly 150 reporting and journalism awards for our international reporting projects
• Expanded the audience for international reporting, through an estimated 3,000 educational and outreach events reaching more than 163,000 people
Your gift buys:
• $100 supports the cost of a Skype session for a journalist sharing their international reporting and insights about their projects with high school students.
• $250 sponsors a Talks@Pulitzer presentation and discussion of a grantee’s Pulitzer-supported international reporting project.
• $500 covers a journalist’s honorarium for a full-day visit to secondary school or college classrooms to share and discuss an international reporting project.
• $5,000 covers the average cost of creating a new Pulitzer Issues Gateway, an interactive collection of international reporting projects on a specific issue.
• $10,000 covers the average cost of a Pulitzer Center international reporting grant, which supports a journalist in the field reporting an important international story.
• $15,000 brings our global engagement programs (including journalist visits and student fellowships) to a college campus and supports our efforts to diversify our Campus Consortium to include both community colleges and historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs).
MORE WAYS TO GIVE
Every dollar makes a difference! Your secure online donation today will help to support independent reporters covering under-reported international stories; ensure that big global stories get published/broadcast in leading media outlets, and inspire a new generation of journalists and informed news consumers.
A small monthly gift adds up and provides reliable support for our global reporting initiatives and youth-focused education projects. You can enroll in automatic credit card donations every month, quarter, or year and sustain our quality journalism and education programs. Click here to specify your donation frequency.
Honor a loved one, celebrate a milestone, or recognize someone for a special contribution to your life
Make a donation in honor of, or in memory of, a special friend or family member, and we will notify them of your gift in their honor. Click here to give online and specify who you are honoring. Weddings, birthdays, bar/bat mitzvahs, graduations, and other important milestones are a wonderful time to support international reporting and youth-focused journalism and engagement that surfaces important issues and informs a diverse range of news consumers.
Stocks or Appreciated Securities
The Pulitzer Center gratefully accepts gifts of stocks or appreciated securities. We kindly ask that you tell us if you are making a gift of stocks or appreciated securities so we can confirm receipt.
Will or Estate Planning
Include the Pulitzer Center in your will or living trust to create a lasting legacy of quality international reporting and engaged news consumers and ensure that the Pulitzer Center has the ability to innovatively support journalists in the field and disseminate important international stories in leading media outlets.
Mailing a Gift
Please mail monetary donations to Joan Woods, Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting, 1779 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 615, Washington, DC 20036-2109. Click here for a printable mail in form.
For More Information
If you have any questions about making a gift, please contact Joan Woods at (202) 969-8259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your contributions to the Pulitzer Center are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. The Pulitzer Center is recognized as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.