Introducing the Lesson:
1. Have you heard of the Republic of Haiti and the Dominican Republic? What have you heard and in what context?
2. Listen to your teacher present a short introduction about Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
3. Today's lesson explores the conflict between Haiti and rhe Dominican Republic. Before reading, consider the following:
- Do you think historical issues can damage relations between countries in present circumstances?
- Do you think a country should be allowed to favor particular citizens based on their origins and skin color?
- What role would such a conflict play on the people who are directly affected by it?