The World Health Summit is accepting applications for its 2017 "Next Generation of Science Journalists" Award, co-sponsored by the Pulitzer Center. Five outstanding young candidates will be invited to participate in the World Health Summit (October 15-17, 2017), meet the world’s leading minds in the healthcare sector and increase their professional network. More than 1,600 participants from all health-related areas will be present at the Summit – from Nobel Prize laureates and Ministers to CEOs, internationally leading researchers and future leaders.
Terms of Application
- Submission of one article with a focus on the general topic of “Health”, which must have been published after January 1, 2016. The article must be informed by an appropriate scientific background.
- The article may be published in any form: print, digital, audible or visual. Audio and video content should be submitted via a corresponding web-link.
- Submissions will be accepted from all countries; however the content should be in English. Translations will be accepted if the original article is attached.
- Applicants should be at the beginning of their journalistic career with a maximum of 5 years of experience.
- A short CV (one page), and a copy of a current passport must accompany the submission.
- a unique international networking and learning opportunity, for a genuine career head-start.
- prize money of 500 Euro to recompense travel expenses.
- recognition on the WHS website, plugs in social media, a mention in the newsletter
- support on interview requests and investigations concerning our topics and speakers.
- a certificate, presented by the World Health Summit Presidents.
Contact and application: science-journalist-award(at)worldhealthsummit.org
See the full application announcement on the World Health Summit website.